If you’re not considering Silvercar, it’s time to start. Renting a car is a pain in the backside for me. I usually have to check to see who I have status, points to use or free days with. I eliminate the agencies that are fussy and hard to work with. I usually end up with Enterprise or Hertz and have wasted 30 minutes overthinking the whole process. Then you have the lines at the airport, extra’s: yes or no, surprise fees and you end up with whatever they give you.
Then I tried Silvercar. I initially thought it was going to be a big hassle and avoided them, I mean it’s an Audi A4!, but because I was stranded by another rental agency, I just forced myself to do it. Ironically, Silvercar has been LESS expensive than it’s competition more often than not. I use Full size for any comparison not Luxury.
Now, four Silvercar experiences later, I’m laying awake at night worrying that they may not have an agency in the city that I’m traveling to and how I’m going to emotionally deal with the thought of using the the other rental companies with all their b.s… That and I’m completely spoiled rotten and I want an Audi. Yes, I’m being a princess, whatever, just keep reading…
Here is why I’m sold on Silvercar;
- The App is easy to navigate and straight forward. No Drama.
- If you are a Visa Infinite card holder (Sapphire Reserve etc.) you get 30% off every rental (add VINFINITE in the Promo code section) and the card also provides Auto Rental Collision Damage (primary) Insurance up to $75,000.
- You show up in town, open the app, hit a button and they PICK YOU UP. You skip the mess at the Rental Counters, no extras required as it comes loaded (see below)..
- It’s always a newer Silver Audi A4 (Wow). I take out my phone, scan a bar code on the windshield, it beeps, I check a few boxes on the app and they hand me the keys. Another Audi picks up the driver and I drive off into the sunset. Add my wife as a driver also?, sure, no charge…nice.
- It comes with unlimited mileage and when I’m done, I just take it back to their location, give it a quick look-over and they take us to the airport in it. I don’t even have to mess with the gas, for $5.00 and the cost of fuel, they take care of it.
So there you have it! It’s the easiest part of my trip planning. Currently Silvercar is in 17 Cities with plans to add more. If I was Hertz, Avis, Enterprise or whomever, I would be worried. Download the app and see if Silvercar works for you.
By the way, I received nothing from anyone to write this article. I’m glad to do it! They are simply THAT awesome!